[nycphp-talk] [OT] Consulting work

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 19:24:11 EDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Chris Shiflett <shiflett at php.net> wrote:
> Matt Juszczak wrote:
> > I'm a PHP/FreeBSD/Linux guy and make $15/hour

People that would pay you that poorly have absolutely no intentions of
treating you fairly.

I cannot possibly imagine professional developers getting paid $15/hr.
Especially when people sacking groceries make $15/hr.

I would recommend getting together with several other developers and
starting a more international presence. Specialize in a popular
technology, and if you are good you will be able to compete in a
global market.

I'm constantly lowering my bids, because I know I am competing with
firms in eastern europe and asia with much lower living costs. But
there is still plenty of business out there!

--
Mitch Pirtle
Mambo Core Developer