[nycphp-talk] php rpm for RH 7.3?

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 20:30:37 EDT 2005

--- Allen Shaw <ashaw at iifwp.org> wrote:

> I'm looking for an rpm package for my RedHat 7.3 box
> -- hopefully the
> latest 4.3.11 version. (Currently I'm still using
> fedoralegacy's latest,
> 4.1.2)
>
> Could anyone point me to a source you trust for
> unofficial php rpms?
>
> Thanks,
> Allen

Start by using google to find out exactly what rpm you
need.  I usually use a search string like ‘what-I-need
rpm download’.  My experience finding missing rpm’s
this way has been very good. A couple of years ago
when I first upgraded from RH 7 to RH 9 there was some
dependency failures and as the result I could not use
PHP with MySQL.  It took a while for me to find the
patch and the rpm download for it but it was a good
experience and I learned a lot.

Last week I finally upgraded from Redhat 9 to Fedora
Core 4, because I wanted to use PHP 5.  Now, with
Fedora upgrade, I no longer have to look for packages
everywhere.  Fedora comes with a utility (yum) that
links to specific repositories of upgrade rpm’s and
installs from those directly.  Life is getting easier
and better every day.