[nycphp-talk] Batch Printing

Jonathan hendler at simmons.edu
Fri Jul 22 10:48:57 EDT 2005

I've known people to use BASH or Applescript to generate either html,
pdf, or postscript files, then batch those out to the printer. Linux has
plenty of command line printing options. I imagine windoze can do it
too, if you ask nicely.

I guess a lot of the question depends.

1. what platform are you on?
2. how much formatting/images is in the pages? (I mean are they text
files, LaTex, PDF, etc)
3. Is this a one shot app you have to finish in 3 hours, or something
you plan to re-use and port

For PDF I've used ezPDF, free and native php from a guy in NZ.
I've seen some one use IE and JS to do batch jobs, but there were 500
pages, and it was really slow and would time out.