[nycphp-talk] Batch Printing

Scott Mattocks scott at crisscott.com
Fri Jul 22 11:01:02 EDT 2005

Joseph Crawford wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Once again i have a question for you guys. I have a list of perspective
> clients in an mysql database. I would like to send them letters to try to
> gain them as a client.

While PHP is wonderful and very versatile, I don't think PHP is the
right tool for the job here. There are tools designed specifically to do
what you want. Use MS Word's Mail Merge feature to create and print the
letters. You will be done in 1/10th the time it will take you to put
together a PHP/Smarty/Javascript solution.

--
Scott Mattocks
scott at crisscott.com
http://www.crisscott.com