[nycphp-talk] strpos with space

Jonathan hendler at simmons.edu
Mon Jul 25 16:02:28 EDT 2005

I am confused by the

"strpos($text, ' ', $words)"
because in this case $words represents 250 charactor offset for the
function strpos.
So instead of 250 words, wouldn't you get the first 250 charactors?

You want to find the position of the 250th word? I would use the index
250 of the array returned from str_word_count:

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.str-word-count.php
"2 - returns an associative array, where the key is the numeric position
of the word inside the string and the value is the actual w"