[nycphp-talk] MySQL error log?

Nasir Zubair nasir81 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:30:43 EDT 2005

You can probably use your own function to capture those errors. for
example if you use "or die(mysql_error())" to halt your script,
replace die() with your function which logs the error and then exits.

Or may be a more elegant solution,
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.set-error-handler.php

On 7/26/05, chucksmith at fun-electronics.com
<chucksmith at fun-electronics.com> wrote:
> I thought that by setting up the PHP error log, it would also send MySQL errors
> there.  However, MySQL errors still appear on the screen.  Is there any way to
> set this up?  I've looked at various websites and tutorials and none of them
> seem to be of help.
>
> I'm programming the IPN (Instant Payment Notification) for Paypal, so Paypal is
> calling our php page directly and so I cannot see what errors are happening
> there.  I see documentation on the MySQL error log, but it seems to only give
> information about when the server crashes.  It says that this error file should
> be at 'hostname'.err, but when I search for it, nothing appears.  Any idea what
> could be wrong or how I could set up MySQL error logging?  Is there a file
> similar to php.ini for MySQL?
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck

Nasir Zubair