[nycphp-talk] Building Rich Internet Applications Using JavaScript

Dan Gisolfi gisolfi at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 27 11:44:11 EDT 2005

Fellow PHP-ers:

Laurent and I would like to thank you for bearing the duration of our
presentation last evening. I am not sure if it was the desire to stay in
the cool air-conditioned room or that the material was actually of
interest :-)

Hans should have our presentation posted on the site soon. In that
presentation you will find the URL for downloading a trial version of
Rational Application Developer (RADv6) so that you can get access to the
JSL framework.

As mentioned, we are deeply interested in hearing your thoughts and
requirements for an open source community project for a RIA Framework.
Please either email Laurent and I directly and/or post your
requirements/suggestions to talk at lists.nyphp.org. We are especially
interested in real world opportunities that can benefit from such an open
source project. We would also like to hear your thoughts about a PHP IDE
that provides functionality analogous to what was demonstrated last
evening in RAD.

Here are some links that may come in handy:

Our Presentation Overview
http://www.nyphp.org/content/calendar/view_entry.php?id=78&date=20050726

JSL Overivew Articles (JSL is also known as FacesClient)
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-facescomp1/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-facescomp2/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-facescomp3/
http://www.devx.com/ibm/Article/21409

Laszlo IDE for Eclipse
http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/ide4laszlo
http://eclipse.org/proposals/laszlo/index.html

Rational Application/Web Developer Comparison
Features and benefits
http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/developer/application/features/

Rational Application Developer Trial
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rad/

Overview of RAD 6
http://www3.software.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/rational/web/datasheets/rat_app_dev_LoRes.pdf

Rational Web Developer Trial
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rwd/

Overview of RWD 6 (RWD = Rational Web Developer - a smaller version of
RAD)
http://www3.software.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/rational/web/datasheets/rat_web_dev_LoRes.pdf

Again, thanks for your interest in the JSL.

Dan Gisolfi (gisolfi at us.ibm.com)
Laurent Hasson (ldhasson at us.ibm.com)