[nycphp-talk] PHP book recommendations by role
krook at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 15 11:06:42 EDT 2005
Following on the earlier book access discussions...
What are the most valuable hard copy book resources that you would
recommend today if you needed to populate a shelf with, say three, of the
best for the following "typical" NYPHPers?
* The freelancer with intermediate skill in procedural PHP 4 and MySQL 4.0
who is looking to strengthen his/her existing technology skillset and to
smoothly transition to PHP 5 OOP and the mysqli interface.
* The traditional C/C++ programmer beginning to develop web applications
(and possibly begin work with relational databases).
* The veteran PHP 4/5 programmer looking to advance his/her understanding
of UML, OOP, patterns & methodologies.
* The second-year university computer science student looking to develop a
web application foundation (HTTP, SQL, HTML).
a dab of ASP/JSP scripting?
* The J2EE programmer who is migrating midsize Java applications to PHP,
assuming the database is to remain DB2/Oracle etc.
Daniel Krook, Advisory IT Specialist
Application Development, Production Services - Tools, ibm.com
More information about the talk