[nycphp-talk] PHP book recommendations by role

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Fri Jun 17 12:34:05 EDT 2005

> Any recommendations from other folks?   Particularly for this audience:
>
> > * The J2EE programmer who is migrating midsize Java
> > applications to PHP,
> > assuming the database is to remain DB2/Oracle etc.

I think this is largely uncharted territory.  In light of PHP 5, some Java folks would be willing to migrate, but that's only fairly recent.  For those on the list with a Java background, this would probably be a good book to write, since I haven't seen anything like it.  I do know of some cases where these types of migrations have happened, but it's largely experience that's already in house - frankly, good Java developers can pick up PHP 5 pretty quickly.

---
Hans Zaunere
President, Founder

New York PHP