[nycphp-talk] PHP book recommendations by role

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Wed Jun 22 15:16:16 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 08:53:27AM -0500, Patrick Ramsden wrote:
> if you're interested in the practice of software development, two classics
> that have been highly recommended to me are:
> - code complete
> - mythical man month

I would second both of those suggestions.  Here are a few others I'm
fond of off the top of my head:
- The Pragmatic Programmer
- Coder to Developer
- Joel On Software (his book & blog)

I also just picked up Professional Software Development by the same
author as Code Complete & Rapid Dev, but haven't read it yet, but have
heard good things about it.

Learning other languages is also a good idea.  You'll find new
approaches to problems, learn other development environments and
practices that you'll pack into your toolbox and use throughout your
development career.  The Pragmatic Programmer will teach you all about
that.

HTH,
Andrew

--