[nycphp-talk] Question about frameworks

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:42:54 EDT 2005

Hello Everyone,

In light of today's discussions about frameworks I think now is a good time
for me to ask a question that's prevented me from using frameworks in the
past and doing everything the "straight PHP" way:

It seems that all of the frameworks I've run across are somehow tied to
CMS's. In my mind, and perhaps wrongly, this limits their usefulness to
creating CMS software. What about people who are creating other type of
software? And does it also mean that one has to install a complete CMS just
to have acess to the API's? This seems like a lot of overkill to me.

Perhaps, and probably, I am wrong. I am very eager to work with a framework
since they really seem to eliminate a lot of work. Can anyone tae a little
time to shed some light on these issues for me?

Thanks!

--
Anthony M. Papillion
Quality Technical Services and Support