[nycphp-talk] questions --

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Fri Mar 11 19:13:51 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 05:16:12PM -0500, Yury :: heavenspa Web Services wrote:
> I found a inexpensive phpupload script with great functionality.
> http://www.scriptscenter.com/ezupload/
>
> There are a few issues --
> - since the files are large -- php.ini by default lets you upload 2meg files
> - uploading such huge files could timeout while uploading..
>
> question: is there a way around these 2 issues?

Yep. You'll need some control over the apache and PHP config.  I've
gotten similar things working with very large files successfully.  This
looks like a good guide:
    http://www.mambodocman.com/index2.php?option=content&do_pdf=1&id=5

> next - the client also asked about automating the files to download to his
> internal computers.. Is there anything out there that could do such a thing?

You could automate this by running the command line version of Unison
(file synchronizer) in a script periodically with the Windows Task
Scheduler or a cron job.  See:
    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/
    http://www.iopus.com/guides/winscheduler.htm
    http://www.help2go.com/article182.html