[nycphp-talk] questions --

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:55:30 EST 2005

Yury :: heavenspa Web Services yury-at-heavenspa.com |nyphp dev/internal

I don't know the coders personally, but you might look at smugmug.com
for an example. They provide a choice of just about all the ways to do
it.... I grew up with them as a photo site and it was kind of painful as
they figure out ways to do it over the past few years:

java applet if your browser can handle it, one-at-a-time html uploads,
multiple-selects via JS for html upload, FTP via browser, progress bar
via refresh (PHP or other), ActiveX component, etc.

Now it's easy and files can be huge. The latest work is a full API which
resulted in users building cool tools like a Windows Explorer drag 'n
drop tool and web services for uploading/downloading entire galleries.
One person even built a scraper as a means of backing up his library,
thumbnails and all  (that project might have prompted the opening of the
API :-)

-=john andrews