[nycphp-talk] say it ain't so RE mysqli_stmt_bind_param()

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Thu Mar 24 15:41:17 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, David Mintz wrote:
>
> > mysqli_stmt_bind_param($stmt, "ssssssss",array_values($student));
> >
> > ...or am I missing something? Some other shortcut, perhaps?
>
> Not that I know of. It's tricky, as the function binds by reference,
> not value. I looked at adding a patch, but was too busy.

Excuses!!

Maybe a future version... meanwhile I'll shut up and deal with it.

Thanks Adam.

BTW kudos for the discussion in "Upgrading to PHP 5". It is particularly
helpful where the official docs are lacking, and in at least one instance,
inaccurate.

Since flattery will get me everywhere, another question:  What's the
benefit of binding output parameters? My guess would be speed.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/