[nycphp-talk] say it ain't so RE mysqli_stmt_bind_param()

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Thu Mar 24 18:07:52 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, David Mintz wrote:

> Since flattery will get me everywhere, another question:  What's the
> benefit of binding output parameters? My guess would be speed.

Good question.

I haven't benchmarked it, but I don't think speed would really be the
big win here. I would say code clarity could be a win, but some might
say that an explicit assignment is actually more clear. I guess it
depends upon your preference for magic.

-adam

--
adam at trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"