[nycphp-talk] openssl not being picked up by configure

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Sun Mar 27 20:54:24 EST 2005

> > So I went with your suggestion to try
> "--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl"
> > Thanks a million Hans..
>
> No problem - happy it worked.
>
> I'm a little scared that ldconfig reports the other, older
> lib.  Depending on the build tools you're using, and the
> version, platform, and more voodoo, what ldconfig reports can
> count more or less.
>
> G... N... U... do that voodoo that you do

Funny you should call it voodoo --
making some of this stuff still seems rather mystical to me.

And having a 'config.guess' in my directory doesn't do much
to instill a lot of confidence in my builds. A lot of the
time, for me, its sort of like 'Wheel of Fortune' building
( Vanna, is there a 'libxml' directory -- oh! oh! I think I
can solve the puzzle now )

I at least feel a little better when the makefile has a
'check' or 'test' target I can try...

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com