[nycphp-talk] Naming conventions?

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Thu May 5 10:25:08 EDT 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005, leam wrote:
> [...]
> While I'm here I wanted to ask you wiser folks what other naming
> conventions you might suggest I start using now so I can avoid the pain
> later...

I believe Schlossnagle's "Advanced PHP Programming" has a good discussion
in the chapter on style. "Believe," because I don't have my copy on hand
and can't quote chapter and verse. I recall reading something like,
mediocre but self-consistent style is better than partially brilliant but
inconsistent style. Yeah, style is a superset of "naming conventions" but
I think it applies.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/