[nycphp-talk] FTP - users/access

Nasir Zubair nasir81 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:51:22 EDT 2005

Do you have root access to the server? Well, since you are trying to
add users, you must :-)

ProFTP has a mysql module you can include at compile time. More
information at http://www.castaglia.org/proftpd/doc/contrib/ProFTPD-mini-HOWTO-SQL.html

I have personally done a recompile of ProFTPD with mysql for a client
who wanted to provide free hosting with dynamic account creation, the
setup was a breeze and is still up and running.

Hope that helps.

On 5/10/05, Yury :: heavenspa web services <yury at heavenspa.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks -- still dealing with my FTP questions. It looks like the server
> has ProFTPD on it..
> But it also (ensim) has AddVirtUser via command line.. does anyone out there
> have any web based php scripts that add users via AddVirtUser?
> Tia
> yury
>
> I've searched google... found a few that are run via command line/SSH..need
> something similar, but web based.

Nasir Zubair
http://www.nasir.us/