[nycphp-talk] TruStudio - Eclipse-based PHP/Python IDE

Thomas O'Neill tommyo at gmail.com
Tue May 10 22:23:28 EDT 2005

I would say its not worth the money... just go grab the phpeclipse plugins..
they seem more stable the trustudio in my opinion.

I use eclipse every day for java development too.. I think that trustudio is
close but not there yet. I still think that zend studio is the best php ide.
I personally think that it has come along way. 4.0 is more stable, seems
*quicker*, and has a few cool new features. I really like zde's free
debugger. I have it installed on our staging/development server and it has
proven very helpful for debuggin/profiling php code. If i where you i would
give ZDE another whirl. I don't think either of the eclipse based dev
environments (phpeclipse or trustudio) are there yet. ZDE is close.

Just my 2 cents..

TOM

On 5/10/05, Andrew Yochum <andrew at plexpod.com> wrote:

> I was inspired by the Zend Studio discussion to revisit PHP IDEs
> other than my glorified swiss army knife, Vim...
>
> Has anyone had experience with TruStudio from xored? I really like
> Eclipse for Java which is the underlying platform. This TruStudio
> looks pretty killer if its solid.
>
> Any experience? Worth $95/year?
>
> --
> Andrew Yochum