[nycphp-talk] TruStudio - Eclipse-based PHP/Python IDE

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Wed May 11 10:26:51 EDT 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 09:23:28PM -0500, Thomas O'Neill wrote:
> I would say its not worth the money... just go grab the phpeclipse plugins..
> they seem more stable the trustudio in my opinion.

I should try phpeclipse again... my most recent trial of it left me with
a half working install.  I can't stop to debug my debugger.

> I use eclipse every day for java development too.. I think that trustudio is
> close but not there yet. I still think that zend studio is the best php ide.
> I personally think that it has come along way. 4.0 is more stable, seems
> *quicker*, and has a few cool new features. I really like zde's free
> debugger. I have it installed on our staging/development server and it has
> proven very helpful for debuggin/profiling php code. If i where you i would
> give ZDE another whirl. I don't think either of the eclipse based dev
> environments (phpeclipse or trustudio) are there yet. ZDE is close.

Well, I'll probably be giving that a whirl again, too.  I haven't tried
4.0 yet.

I'm also giving TruStudio a try, too.  From my initial perusal of their
site I was under the impression I couldn't use it without a license, but
it seems you may download it.  The licensing still isn't clear, but I'm
downloading it now and I'll soon find out.

Through the years, I keep coming back to Vim with my own little set of
perl and python interface scripts for templating, munging & managing my
buffers. For the curious:
	http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/if_perl.html
	http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/if_pyth.html

I hear there is a Ruby interface too, but I haven't drank that koolaid
yet.

Andrew
--
Andrew Yochum