[nycphp-talk] AMP on AS400

NH nhart at musicpf.org
Fri May 13 09:22:45 EDT 2005

Thomas,

I have PHP currently running on our AS/400.  Here is a link:
http://www.i5php.net/

You have to install the PASE environment on the ISeries and there is a
patch provided by IBM which enables you to access DB2 data directly
within PHP.  So far IBM has provided this patch for up to PHP 4.3 which
I currently have working in a test environment.  I recently had an email
from the following guys from IBM Germany who wanted to know if anyone is
interested in further PHP development for the ISeries.  Please let them
know you would like to see further development and support as this may
get the gears turning:
heiko_mueller at at.ibm.com
BARLEN at de.ibm.com
wolfgang_pauer at at.ibm.com

Keep in touch and let me know what you decide.  It didn't look any
easier to me to try to get real-time data exchanged between a
linux/MySQL system and AS/400/DB2.

Regards,
Nicholas Hart
212-391-3950 X320