[nycphp-talk] PHP to OBDC / Exchange

Stephen Musgrave stephen at musgrave.org
Fri May 13 10:26:42 EDT 2005

List -

I am in the early stages of researching how to go about connecting to a
remote OBDC server and an Microsoft Exchange server (likely on two
different servers) via PHP.  At this point I do not know if the polling
web server will be running on Unix or Windows.

With the OBDC connection, I would like the option of having a web
interface to an Access database.  The interface would be used to create
custom queries for reporting.  Does a product like that exist?  I see
that there are many interfaces for Microsoft SQL server, but not
explicitly Access.

With the Microsoft Exchange server, I am thinking of writing a program
to poll emails from accounts for correspondence logging - nothing
dramatic.  The PHP native IMAP drivers look like they can handle the
job - but being unfamiliar with Exchange, is it a given that Exchange
is always running IMAP?

Thanks for any advice, links, etc.  Your advisement is well appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

	email:	stephen at musgrave.org
	web:		http://stephen.musgrave.org/career