[nycphp-talk] Market rate for development in NYC

Frank Wong frank_wong2 at informationideas.com
Fri May 27 16:54:16 EDT 2005

I wanted to survey what people think is the fair market rate per hour
for PHP/MySQL or ASP.NET development.  I just had a conversation with a
friend in San Francisco and he said that it is not uncommon to be
offered $30/hr for ASP.NET work even by large companies like Schwab,
SBC, Intel, etc.  For some background, he is a very experience developer
with 10 years under his belt.  So we are not talking entry level or
junior developer here.  Is that about the same type of rates expected
here in NYC?