[nycphp-talk] Market rate for development in NYC

Josh McCormack joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com
Fri May 27 19:10:08 EDT 2005

I'd say the following factor in:

1. rates will often get lower as the # of hours increases
2. people will always try to low ball you. Just look at the adds on
craigslist for Jr this and that, recent college grad, with 5 years
experience. They'll use any excuse they can, promise you future work,
promise you more after a trial period, promise you referrals, try to
base a rate off another you had, etc.
3. depends on how you market yourself.
4. depends on how much you need the work.

Josh