[nycphp-talk] [OT] recommendations re credit cards/merchant accounts?

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:28:39 EST 2005

David Mintz dmintz-at-davidmintz.org |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

>I need to set up online credit card processing for a small non-profit
>organization and I'm wondering what you folks recommend. This organization
>has its bank account of course but that's it -- no merchant account or
>anything.
>
>I've surfed a few like charge.com that google turned up -- surprise! they
>all claim they are the greatest. I have been looknig at echo-inc.com but
>they insist that you open a business checking account with a specific
>bank, which I think rather sucks.
>
>So -- whom do you use and what do you think?
>
>Thanks.
>

>---
>David Mintz
>http://davidmintz.org/

A true non-profit (in the IRS' eyes) should be careful about choosing a
merchant service because it is actually a bank account of sorts. My lone
experience with that situation required alot of attention from the
non-profit's CPA (I can't say whether or not that attention was "smart"
or just a big waste of time). They ended up going through their own bank
at considerable cost.

-=john andrews
http://www.seo-fun.com