[nycphp-talk] PHP vs. new ASP.NET 2.0

CED Consult at CovenantEDesign.com
Sat Nov 26 17:06:55 EST 2005

I'm gonna stay far far away from this one... Well maybe not. =D Visual Studio is nice. Good IDE, now sit...Good... roll over... (what!?) Roll over I said... no no stop eating that memory over there... ROLL OVER!!!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Susan Shemin
  To: NYPHP
  Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 10:41 PM
  Subject: [nycphp-talk] PHP vs. new ASP.NET 2.0

  I used to program in VB and C++ and loved the graphical programming environment.  Then, I got into web development and PHP, and all the while "fought" the hand coding and lack of standard code behind objects that I knew in VB.  I tried PHP with Dreamweaver, but the code Dreamweaver created was not "clean" code that could be easily tweaked.

  Microsoft just brought out the Visual Studio 2005 environment, and I'm blown away as I'm learning the web development tools using ASP.NET 2.0 with C# or VB which have much of code you can pull in, including Data Binding.  Microsoft is letting anyone try out and use the Express versions for a year.  I love to hear if any professional PHP-ers here have tried it and your comments/comparisons about Visual Studio 2005.

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/