[nycphp-talk] Apache 1.3.x Upgrade to 2.0 Primer Needed

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:15:34 EST 2005

On 11/28/05, Peter Sawczynec <ps at pswebcode.com> wrote:
> Finally got to do this.
>
> I'm seeking best primer that highlights the differences between httpd.conf
> directives and techniques when upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0 in a *nix
> environment.
>
> Additionally, more specifically, if the OS is Solaris would you configure
> Apache2 with mpm set to worker, prefork, or perchild.

Prefork, as Tim pointed out. Sorry you can't use those threads.

Let us know what you find, Peter. Aside from choosing which mpm to
use, I tend to think that there aren't any significant configuration
differences, but I can't actually back that up with empirical
evidence.

Of course, you'll need to compile PHP with a slightly different switch
( --with-apxs2 ) to use the Apache2 Server API.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/