[nycphp-talk] ER Diagram tool for MySQL/OS X

CED Consult at CovenantEDesign.com
Mon Oct 3 19:11:45 EDT 2005

Stephen,

I am currently the data-migration lead on a massive project covering just over 5,000 tables. I found the most effective tools to be Access, for getting a handle and feel on the data..
Visio, for setting up the normalized state of the 'new' DBs... Great DDL export features and options.
Query Analyzer, for actually scrubbing and working with the 'to-be moved' data.

I'm fortunate enough to have an employer who provides me with this tools, however I have heard some really good things about DDT which can be found here amongst others:
http://www.databaseanswers.com/modelling_tools.htm

Edward JS Prevost II
Me at EdwardPrevost.info
www.EdwardPrevost.info
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephen Musgrave
  To: talk at lists.nyphp.org
  Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 5:54 PM
  Subject: [nycphp-talk] ER Diagram tool for MySQL/OS X

  Hello -

  I am wondering if anybody has a favorite ER (Entity Relationship) Diagram tool that they like to use with MySQL on OS X. Or if not an "official" piece of ER software, maybe some other visualization process manually done in something like Visio? I only need it to be read-only - I've got a pretty large database I'm working with and I'd love a poster of it!

  Thanks,

  Stephen

  email: stephen at musgrave.org
  web: http://stephen.musgrave.org/career