[nycphp-talk] data modelling vs. db design

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:14:00 EDT 2005

On 10/5/05, inforequest <1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

> Show me a "fully normalized" database supporting a web app, done close
> to schedule and budget. I double dog dare ya.

First find me a web app project that has a realistic schedule and
budget to begin with. I TRIPLE dog dare ya.

> I love database guys... as much as I love graphic designers. But I won't
> let either one tell me how to code ;-)

Then developers need to get off the minimalist caveman approach to
data modeling, and start getting themselves edumucated ;-)  Today's
web developer looks at databases like a server-side Excel spreadsheet.
Yuck.

-- Mitch