[nycphp-talk] http analyzer

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Mon Oct 24 12:01:27 EDT 2005

michael wrote:
> > http://www.portswigger.net/proxy/
> > http://www.xk72.com/charles/
>
> I'm revisitting this thread.
>
> While the above mentioned http analyzers are java based, I like
> their functionality. I've been poking around freshmeat searching
> for 'http' or 'proxy' but nothing is jumping out at me.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for non-java solutions.. aside
> from telnet?

Have you looked at LiveHTTPHeaders? It's a Firefox plugin rather than a
proxy, but it's good enough for most situations. I find it a tad
frustrating when I need to view the content, and there are some other
things that annoy me, but it's worth checking out.

There's also this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/protoscope/

I wrote it back in the late 90s and reworked it a bit a few years later.
It's nothing great, but it works most of the time. :-)

Hope that helps.

Chris

--
Chris Shiflett