[nycphp-talk] database performance

George Schlossnagle george at omniti.com
Fri Oct 28 09:00:45 EDT 2005

On Oct 28, 2005, at 12:44 AM, Roland Cozzolino wrote:

> That is a very valid point, ...however (there has to be some sort of
> argument) ... if you have a table with N-million rows, chances are
> your
> DB design isn't very good.

That claim reads to me like 'no data set reasonably has 3 million
distinct members in it', which is kinda obviously bogus.

I manage a number of ~1T sized databases.  I can guarantee you that
there are a number of tables in them that have N-million rows, where
N is not small.  Data points on customer behavior spanning a couple
years, things like that.

George