[nycphp-talk] Favorite PEAR Packages

Dan Cech dcech at phpwerx.net
Wed Sep 7 10:21:30 EDT 2005

Cliff,

Firstly let me get one 'pet peeve' off my chest.  When creating a new
topic please create a new email rather than replying to a list message
with a different subject line.  For those of us using email clients with
threading support this gets really annoying.

As for PEAR packages, I use DB on a daily basis at work and would not be
without it (or adodb if that's your preference) for any major project.

I have also had great success with Mail_Mime for parsing incoming email
messages, Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer and XML_RPC.

You do sometimes have to get used to doing things 'the PEAR way', but
the wealth of pre-developed and tested software is something that is
very hard to ignore.
Dan