[nycphp-talk] PHPWiki

Greg Rundlett greg.rundlett at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 16:54:51 EDT 2005

On 9/12/05, edward potter <edwardpotter at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has come across a good Programmers Guide to
> MediaWiki, yes i've googled it, have some links, but still kinda of piece
> meal.

I used to follow the (mediawiki) developers list daily. One thing I can tell
you is that the project lead Brion Vibber is amazing at how many questions
he fields individually. If no other documentation exists, then you need to
search the list archives and will invariably come up with the information
you seek. If the question has never been asked, then I'm sure that Brion, or
another dev would answer.

All of that being said, one of my pet peeves is that the OpenSource world in
general does a great job of producing code, but is all-to-often lacking in
architectural and other types of documentation for both developers and users
alike--even when projects take up the task of producing it. It's still a
very uphill battle for lots of valid reasons (constant maintenance,
volunteer effort).