[nycphp-talk] AJAX functionality at search.yahoo.com

Christopher Hendry chendry at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 23:15:37 EDT 2005

Seems that Ajax is creating a lot of hype - just as all new 'technologies'
do.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/12/technology/12ecom.html

What's most impressive about all this is that Javascript seems to finally be
stabilizing.

On 9/15/05, Hans Zaunere <lists at zaunere.com> wrote:

> inforequest wrote on Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:31 PM:
> > Matthew Terenzio matt-at-jobsforge.com <http://matt-at-jobsforge.com>|nyphp dev/internal group use|
> > wrote:

> > > Could you explain what you mean? I ought to have a look at it and
> > > maybe it will be clearer.
> > >

> > Yes. That was based on rumor.... so naturally it was a bit off. The
> > service did launch as beta but it's here
> > http://instant.search.yahoo.com/
>
> I've gone back to Yahoo! and changed my default search engine to it, but I
> must admit the above is quite unimpressive :)

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at
all."