[nycphp-talk] AJAX functionality at search.yahoo.com

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Fri Sep 16 00:14:20 EDT 2005

Christopher Hendry chendry-at-gmail.com |nyphp dev/internal group use|
wrote:

> Seems that Ajax is creating a lot of hype - just as all new
> 'technologies' do.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/12/technology/12ecom.html
>
> What's most impressive about all this is that Javascript seems to
> finally be stabilizing.

Or perhaps a commitment to JS is evident. JS is still disabled
frequently, and the next spyware/virus incident still threatens to shut
it down as always. I don't see us any further along the DHTML/Flash
decision tree yet, but people simply can't wait any longer (?) Did you
notice that the Gap site uses pop-ups that get past FF's pop-up blocker?

I also note an increasing number of sites that break in FF.

In other words, perhaps the risk is just being managed less tightly (for
lack of any other options).

-=john andrews
http://www.seo-fun.com