[nycphp-talk] Zend Certification

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:39:44 EDT 2005

On 9/21/05, Aaron Fischer <agfische at email.smith.edu> wrote:
> Huh? Zend Certified Engineer?
>
> Engineer seems a bit over the top, I'm surprised that Zend would choose
> such a term.

I'm not sure that engineer is as over the top as it might seem at first
glance. I know that software developers calling themselves engineers has
been the bane of the engineering community for years but consider this: what
does an engineer essentially do? Create, build, and structure things. What
do programmers (be they traditional software or web apps) do? Create, build,
and structure things. So while the classic definition of engineer might not
totally fit, they are essentially doing the same things. They are just using
different tools.

--
Anthony Papillion
Advanced Data Concepts