[nycphp-talk] Zend Certification

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Wed Sep 21 17:47:24 EDT 2005

Anthony Papillion wrote:
> I'm not sure that engineer is as over the top as it might seem at
> first glance. I know that software developers calling themselves
> engineers has been the bane of the engineering community for years

Really? That's weird. "A person who uses scientific knowledge to solve
practical problems" sounds pretty generic to me.

I have had my share of electrical engineering classes, but I never
considered software engineering to be infringing upon my elite status as
circuit boy. :-) In fact, when I was in EE, I would have considered the
bane of the EE community to be those calling themselves electrical
engineers who sucked.

Maybe we can call ourselves software manufacturers and be the bane of
the manufacturing industry. :-)

My grandfather was an engineer - he operated a locomotive. I think he
has more right to the term than any of us.

Chris

--
Chris Shiflett
Brain Bulb, The PHP Consultancy