[nycphp-talk] XAMPP or EASYPHP and Windows and session wierdness

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Sat Apr 8 09:14:12 EDT 2006

Hey John:

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 05:36:24PM -0700, inforequest wrote:

> This time it's smarty related.... SmartyValidator works fine on any
> linux/bsd host but chokes on Windows and as usual I went through all the
> work of checking paths and roots and path separators and PHP versions
> and testing the smarty install and yet the problem persists.

There are SEVERAL things that could be out of kilter.

* Is session.save_path being overridden to something that doesn't
exist on your windows box?

* Cookie settings in your browser aren't allowing cookies for the
Windows boxs' domain.

* The URI path of the sites' cookies don't match on the two boxes.
See session.cookie_path.

* Is a custom session handler being used?  See session.save_handler
and session_set_save_handler().

* Is session.auto_start off?

Do some grepping of the offending script directories to find out.

Good luck,

--Dan

PS: In the future, when starting new threads, can you please start
with a new email rather than replying to an existing one and changing
the subject?  Makes threading work right.  Thanks.

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/