[nycphp-talk] XAMPP or EASYPHP and Windows and session wierdness

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Sun Apr 9 22:36:24 EDT 2006

Daniel Convissor danielc-at-analysisandsolutions.com |nyphp dev/internal
group use| wrote:

>Hey John:
>
>On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 05:36:24PM -0700, inforequest wrote:
>

>>This time it's smarty related.... SmartyValidator works fine on any
>>linux/bsd host but chokes on Windows and as usual I went through all the
>>work of checking paths and roots and path separators and PHP versions
>>and testing the smarty install and yet the problem persists.
>>

>There are SEVERAL things that could be out of kilter.
>
>* Is session.save_path being overridden to something that doesn't
>exist on your windows box?

No, and I can see session files.

>* Is a custom session handler being used?  See session.save_handler
>and session_set_save_handler().

Nah.

>* Is session.auto_start off?

Yes, it was off but turning it on didn't change anything and I was
already seing sessions so not the problem.

Maybe I am wrong about sessions being the culprit... Smarty not seeing
IDs as validated:

*Warning*: Smarty error: validate: validator id 'p_user' is not
registered. in *C:\...**a\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php

even though I can see the ID inside the SmartyValidate cookie. This is
code that works fine on every Linux box I've tried and some Windows but
not *my* Windows setup under XAMP or EasyPHP.

Thanks anyway for the ideas.
*