[nycphp-talk] Whats a Competitive Salary for PHP Dev

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Thu Apr 13 22:31:55 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 06:05:47PM -0400, csnyder wrote:
> On 4/13/06, tedd <tedd at sperling.com> wrote:
> > I recently saw a part time php programming position offered on guru
> > for 4-5 hours per day and it paid $300 per month (no lie).
>
> That sounds perfect for a guru. The trick with a job like that is to
> do everything they want in 1 hour, and spend the rest of the time
> moonlighting on better-paying gigs.

Not sure what Chris is smoking, but $300 per month isn't even enough for
1 hour per day, IMO!

> David, ask for $100/hr, but accept $80,000 a year.

I concur.  Depending on level of expertise and skillset, I'd say rock
bottom is $70k, on up to $120k or more per year.

> Good luck, and welcome to NYC.

The monthly NYPHP meetings are a great place to network and have a good
time.  Good luck David.

Regards,
Andrew
--