[nycphp-talk] Whats a Competitive Salary for PHP Dev

edward potter edwardpotter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 23:19:18 EDT 2006

This is where I have an amazing advatage by living out of NYC.

This Summer, for $850 a month I can get a great 1 bedroom, a car (with
insurance), and  a months worth of food, with lots left over.  Of
course I have to go to Canada for Sushi!  (Ok, add taxes, etc, but
still a heck of a bargain!).

Movie night?  $3.50.  Just saw V for Vendeta, but I'll have to wait
till I get to NYC to see the new Bjork film, that for sure will not
make it up here. But hey, Netflix, FedEx and Paypal can save the day.

It is very, very rural here (20 mins from the Canadian border).
However we have 4 - 5 mbs wireless connections everywhere. 2 years ago
there was nothing I'm told.

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=100+market+street,+potdam,+new+york+13676&ll=45.660127,-74.838867&spn=5.313602,17.841797

And I'm sure I can match a $75K -  $120,000K a year NYC programmer
with portfolio and skills.  Diving into Ajax/JSON now!

:-) ed