[nycphp-talk] Whats a Competitive Salary for PHP Dev

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Fri Apr 14 14:47:44 EDT 2006

On that note -- and this isn't directed ay anybody.

To me guru or elance is a launching point. When I went through several
recent searches, I was generally shocked at the low quality of many
service provider web sites. Shabby, broken links, unimpressive
portfolios, etc. This is your Billboard!!! I know some say, "I'm too
busy" or "I have too much work." But if you don't -- show off.

When I see bad web sites, I think that either you don't know what you
are doing or you don't care.

Show me a great web site, a thoughtful blog, a wicked cool -- as we say
in Boston -- feature, and I think, "wow, this person is good, this
person is passionate about what he/she does.