[nycphp-talk] Still Selling the PHP5 Upgrade

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Wed Apr 26 21:08:28 EDT 2006

Peter,

Fact: PHP 4 is only receiving bug & security fixes.  No new features
will be added to PHP 4, nor will it receive maintenance.

Speculation, as I don't believe its been discussed in a public forum by
those who make such decisions: I expect PHP 4 to be sunsetted
eventually, but the userbase is very large so it is hard to guess how
long that might be.  For reference, PHP 3 was sunsetted about 5 months
after PHP 4 was released.  We've now seen PHP 4 be supported much longer
than that, but who knows how much longer.

If others knows more about this subject, please speak up.

HTH,
Andrew