[nycphp-talk] [OT] - NYC Salaries

Bill P. maxarbos at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 13:29:06 EDT 2006

I grew up on LI , worked in NYC commuting from LI and
then moved to NJ, still commuting to NYC.

Nutley (in Essex county) is a nice neighborhood with
lots of public transportation. It's about 10 miles
from the city and the bus (i used to take the decamp
bus) right into penn station. That is close enough to
walk to TS.

So, Essex county is a good commutable area.

Also, Suffern in NY (above the top of NJ) and parts of
PA have buses that go into NYC also. You can get
better deals in those areas to live.

It is really going to come down to how far / long you
want to commute.

Just more info to think about.