[nycphp-talk] Best editor? Textmate, just too sluggish over a network?

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Tue Aug 8 17:09:43 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 05:01:40PM -0400, edward potter wrote:
> I was wondering how people who often have to work with files across a
> network (dreamhost for me), what's their latest, and greatest way of
> handling editing?  Yes, VIM rocks, I just wish it's fonts handling was
> a bit better in terminal.

Use Vim :-)

Fire up X11 and use an xterm.  It is far better than the Terminal app
IME.  And you could also get into any of the other X-based terminal apps
if you want.

Vim 7.0 has *awesome* remote if you choose to run it locally.  Though
you may need to build it from source... dunno.  Haven't fired up my mac
in a year.  Otherwise, you'll likely be using Vim 6.X on the remote
server, which is, of course, very good, too.  Either way, try X11 and
xterm.

HTH,
Andrew

--