[nycphp-talk] php-perl users, how can I know that?

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Fri Aug 11 11:56:08 EDT 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Ajai Khattri wrote:

> Daniela Gutierrez wrote:
> > Hi everybody! I need to get some information out of a web server that is
> > running Debian sarge with php, perl etc. What I need to know is how many
> > users (developers) on the web server are using php on their scripts and
> > how many are using perl. Is there any way to do it easy and fast? If you
> > have any tips on how I can do this I would appreciate it ;)
>
> To find all PHP scripts under /home (assuming they all use .php as the
> filename extension):
>

> # find /home -name "*.php"

.. and pipe it to wc -l to get a nice legible number?

> There's many ways to skin this cat.

No doubt. Maybe some clever solution with involving the access logs?

Or you could just lie and say 88% PHP, %12 other

(-:

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their
persons, houses, papers, and effects, against
unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon
probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,
and particularly describing the place to be
searched, and the persons or things to be seized.