[nycphp-talk] Drag Drop Uploads & Progress Bars

Jeff Loiselle jeff.loiselle at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 08:54:55 EDT 2006

>>On an up-and-coming project, I've been considering flash's newly gained file
>> upload capabilities.

This does sound somewhat promising.

>> I gave up on this and went with WebDAV (aka Web Folders in Windows).

Unfortunately I need to tie these files to database records.

Thanks for the comments. I would love to be able to do it in pure PHP
just for fun. For example, if I could write a drag&drop PHP GTK
application and somehow package it for deployment. But it seems
logistically problematic to get GTK libraries, PHP, and the required
PHP extensions packaged together. Phing looks cool, but even then you
already need a working PHP installation. I suppose I could write
script that does the install that would work but it wouldn't be
pretty. Or I could another language altogether. :-)

/jeff