[nycphp-talk] CakePHP presentation

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Fri Aug 25 14:26:53 EDT 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Nate Abele wrote:

> I'll be giving a presentation on CakePHP at the September NYPHP
> Group, and I was wondering what specifically people would like to
> hear about.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Bravo! I'll travel all the way from downtown for
this!

You know that folks who are totally new to this are gonna want a lightning
intro to MVC, likewise associations.

I would love to see you bake a little app before our very eyes with
bake.php (I can't wait to hear all the oooohs and aaaaaahs)

I'd like to find out how you handle advanced input validation and
filtering. (The jury seems to be out about the proper way to apply
multiple validation rules to one field.)

I'd like to see how you approach authentication.

I'd like to see an introducation (that was a typo, but I like it) to ACL.

I'd like to see how you write a model and controller that would support
"advanced" database searching (from the users point of view), meaning
building SELECTs on the fly from user input

I'd like to know how you approach integration with a popular CMS such as
Drupal.

I'd like to hear your recommendations regarding hosting Cake apps on a
shared server running PHP 5 in cgi mode.

I'd like to hear about what we might expect in future releases.

We have how long for this, just six hours? (-:

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their
persons, houses, papers, and effects, against
unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon
probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,
and particularly describing the place to be
searched, and the persons or things to be seized.