[nycphp-talk] oracle to buy zend ???

Jonathan Hendler hendler at simmons.edu
Tue Feb 14 17:48:27 EST 2006

I hope they do better than Macromedia with Coldfusion who made
Dreamweaver so easy to integrate. (not that I ever used Coldfusion)

Generally, I think it's a bad idea. I would like to see Oracle be
friends with Zend, not BE Zend.
Maybe it is what Zend wants. Who wouldn't want a money so the rest of
your life you can do "whatever you want" with your time? Maybe even
something more important than PHP.... :/

I'm ignorant of the Zend Platform for Oracle.  But in principle, Oracle
could save a lot of money if they just made easier-to-use tools.
They might as well donate tools that simplify everyones life to an open
source platform. They should do it for Ruby, Python, IDEs. etc.
And they should build easy to use interfaces.
Maybe they should think about buying MySQL instead. :)