[nycphp-talk] oracle to buy zend ???

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Tue Feb 14 19:11:08 EST 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 03:22:17PM -0800, Mike Naberezny wrote:
> Jonathan Hendler wrote:
> > I'm ignorant of the Zend Platform for Oracle.  But in principle, Oracle
> > could save a lot of money if they just made easier-to-use tools.
> > They might as well donate tools that simplify everyones life to an open
> > source platform. They should do it for Ruby, Python, IDEs. etc.
> > And they should build easy to use interfaces.
>
> You might want to check out Zend Core for Oracle.  It probably has a lot of
> what you'd like as far as easy installation with PHP and a web-based admin
> GUI.  Core is separate from Zend Platform and can be downloaded for free
> online.  There is also a paid support option via Zend Network.
>
> http://www.zend.com/core/oracle

If I'm not mistaken, Zend Core for Oracle does not include Oracle
itself, only the extension & client libs....

So, there is also Oracle 10g Express Edition ... "free to develop,
deploy, and distribute ... for Developers working on PHP ...":
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/xe/index.html

Andrew
--
Andrew Yochum